There are plenty of crypto wallets to choose from nowadays. One of such wallet that has built quite a reputation for itself in the industry is Guarda Wallet.
In today’s review, we will be taking an in-depth look at the features, security, as well as pros and cons that the Guarda wallet has to offer.
Guarda Wallet Description
Guarda is a multi-cryptocurrency wallet that provides non-custodial services to users that want to store, send, and receive digital assets.
It was established in 2017 by the Guardarian OÜ company, which is registered in the European Union. The company is licensed by the Estonian FIU (Financial Intelligence Unit) to legally provide crypto-to-fiat exchange services.
So far, they have launched around 10 different products, including wallets, but also exchanges, crypto payment solutions, token generators, and prepaid debit cards.
The Guarda Wallet is one of their most popular and well-known products, as it is very used in the crypto community due to its versatility and security.
Supported Currencies and Countries
With Guarda wallet, users are able to store, send, and receive 49 different coins and over 10 000 tokens, including:
Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Bitcoin Gold (BTG), Bitcoin SV (BSV), Cardano (ADA), Ethereum (ETH), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Dash (DASH), Decred (DCR), Digibyte (DGB), Dogecoin (DOGE), EOS (EOS), Litecoin (LTC), Monero (XMR), NEM (XEM), NEO (NEO), Qtum (QTUM), Ripple (XRP), Stellar (XLM), TRON (TRX), Tether (USDT), Zcash (ZEC), Zcoin (XZC), Vechain (VET), ERC-20 Tokens, BEP-2 Tokens, Waves (WAVES), Qtum (QTUM), and many others.
Users from all countries can use the wallet, though it is better to check your country’s legislation regarding crypto storing or trading.
Guarda wallet is very versatile, as it is compatible to be used in Web, Desktop, or Mobile format.
Desktop Wallet: Guarda’s light desktop wallet is compatible with Linux, Windows, and MacOS systems. Using the wallet does not require you to register for an account.
Guarda Web Wallet: The Guarda Web wallet can be used on any device that has internet access. The web wallet can also be connected to Ledger’s API.
Mobile Wallet: Guarda Mobile Multiwallet can be used on both Android and iOS devices. The Android wallet can only be used in versions that are higher or at least Android 4.4. The iOS version features a broad range of device compatibility (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch), and it can only be installed on iOS 10.0 or later versions.
Browser Extension: Guarda also features a Chrome Browser Extension that enables interaction with any of the browser’s dapps.
Android SPV Wallet: Guarda also created open-source single-currency wallets for a diversity of coins. Their Android Moxi wallet was built for Zcash specifically, as it handles shielded transactions.
Interface and User Experience
The interface was designed to be minimalist and easy to access, making it a popular choice among beginner traders who are looking to buy or sell small amounts of cryptocurrency.
How to Get Guarda Wallet
Unlike other wallets, you will not have to provide any email address, phone number, or ID to sign up on Guarda. We will be going through the steps of creating a desktop wallet:
- Download and install the Guarda wallet app on your computer;
- Launch the app;
- Click “Create a new wallet”;
- Select a strong password for your wallet;
- Write it down;
- Click “I’ve written it down”;
- Click “Download Backup” to have your backup file saved;
- Your wallet has been created, and you will be taken back to your account dashboard;
- Create a wallet for each crypto that you want.
Of course, there is also the option of importing other wallets you own instead of creating a new one:
- Open Guarda Desktop wallet on your computer;
- Click “Import or Restore”;
- Click on the crypto you want to import and type in the private key of your existing wallet;
- Click “Add wallet”;
- After this, click “Import”;
- Select a password for your Guarda wallet;
- Click “Download Backup” to save the keys’ backup file.
How to Use Guarda Wallet
How to Send Crypto
- Go to the “Send” tab of your Guarda Wallet and click it;
- Select the crypto wallet in the “From” field, which is the wallet you would like to send the funds from;
- Put the receiving address of the wallet in the “To” field, either manually or by scanning the QR code;
- Select the amount you would like to send. You can also click the “Send all” button to send all the funds you have in your wallet;
- Click “Next”;
- Carefully check your transaction details if they are correct and click “Confirm”. Click “Back” to edit mistakes.
How to Buy Crypto
- Go to your Guarda wallet and click the “Buy” tab;
- Select your country of residence from the dropdown menu;
- In the “From” field, type how much you want to buy and select the fiat;
- In the “Wallet” field, choose the type of crypto you want to buy;
- Select your payment method (Card/Bank Transfer);
- Click “Next”;
- Verify transaction details, click “Confirm”;
- You will be redirected to the Simplex payment gateway;
- Follow the provided instructions to complete the order.
Direct Coin Purchase
Guarda allows you to buy cryptos directly from your wallet using fiat currencies either through bank transfer or credit card. Bank transfer is provided through its collaboration with Coinify, and credit card purchases are enabled through their Simplex integration.
Users can buy crypto in the following fiat currencies: Euro (EUR), Dollar (USD), British Pound (GBP), Ruble (RUB), and Danish Krone (DKK).
Guarda allows you to integrate your wallet with the popular hardware Ledger wallet. It functions without any problems on the Guarda Web Wallet in Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera.
Another service offered by Guarda is the ERC-20 token generator. This feature allows you to create your own crypto token from scratch, be it for an ICO, a business, or just for the experience.
All versions of Guarda wallet are free of charge. The only “fee” would be the network fees which have nothing to do with the wallet.
Guarda does not keep any of the users’ private/public keys, passwords, or personal data on their servers. This means that the user is the only one to have control over his funds, and this reduces the chance of losing his data or keys to a hack to Guarda’s servers.
Guarda requires the user to save the backup file each time he creates or imports a wallet. There is also an automatic session timeout option which logs you out of the account if there is no activity for a specified period of time.
Backup is essential as it is the only way to gain back access to your wallet should you have lost your keys.
What’s more, all backups are secured through AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) encryption, an algorithm which is reliable and used to secure sensitive data in electronic format.
The mobile version can be configured to have Touch ID/Face ID unlock on compatible devices.
Guarda’s customer support consists of a ticketing system and an extensive FAQ section that provides answers and explanations to most questions. Most users have reported that Guarda has fast response times whenever they sent a ticket.
The support team has been reported to be very active online, responding to all reviews, be them negative or positive, as well as comments, questions, or other issues. This attention and responsiveness have garnered them a lot of positive reviews online.
A wide majority of user reviews are positive, reporting to be satisfied with the wallet product and its services. However, there were some bad reviews that claimed the wallet stole crypto from them. But seeing as the wallet does not hold any keys, the problem might have been from bad management on the user’s part.
Another issue reported was about bad exchange rates. All in all, Guarda is highly regarded in the community for its dedication to security and prompt services.
Guarda Wallet Review: Verdict
Guarda is a multipurpose wallet that can be used to store a great deal of crypto coins and tokens in a safe environment where the user has total control over his assets.
Featured image: guarda.co
Guarda Wallet Review
The Guarda wallet is designed to be a very versatile wallet that appeals to an incredible range of users. Whether users choose the desktop, the mobile, or the web-wallet, Guarda delivers the same usefulness and security.
- Compatible with Desktop, Web, Browser & Mobile
- Easy to use
- Features built-in exchange
- Accepts credit card purchases
- Multi-currency support
- Good reputation
- Does not hold private keys
- Some users reported high exchange rates
- Supported Currencies
- Rates and Fees
- Transaction Speed
- Ease of Use
- Customer Support