Ripple is a cryptocurrency and a payment network which facilitates open and distributed payments with said currency. The San Francisco-based company has attracted an ample list of partners and merchants in recent months, its native currency has even succeeded in becoming the number two crypto in terms of market cap.
Currently, XRP has a market cap of $14,517,407,586, and currently trading at a price of $0.355870. In our article for today, we shall be looking at where can you spend Ripple.
Why choose Ripple as payment?
Even though Bitcoin was the first crypto to ever be created and used as a payment option of online stores, Ripple offers a convenient alternative to the coin. Why, you may ask? The first reason would be transaction processing times; XRP has a transaction time of fewer than 10 seconds with a standard fee of 0.00001 XRP being applied.
Even if Ripple’s price where to situated itself in the $10 range, the fee would still be extremely low, 1/100th a penny per transaction. Low fees paired with lightning fast speed of transactions are a few of the advantages that XRP has over BTC.
Ripple also addresses another issue of BTC: volatility. If the coin supply is higher, then that would lead to a much lower price for each coin. In comparison to BTC’s total of 21 million, XRP has a max supply of 100 billion. While this means lower prices for XRP, it also ensures lower volatility for a longer period of time.
Even though the prices for XRP and other cryptos will rise at some point due to a new flux of investors in the market, when price stability is reached, the large coin supply of Ripple will generate lower volatility rates. 100 billion coins is a large amount to move in a market.
However, Ripple can still be affected by price changes or early-investors owning a majoritarian part of the currency, but its large supply lessens the impacts on individual transactions. The pace at which XRP experienced growths or drops has been relatively steady in comparison to the usual fluctuations most cryptocurrencies have with their prices.
Stores that support purchases with Ripple
XRP is the latest addition in Bitcoin Superstore’s list of cryptocurrency payment options, thus enabling users to makes purchases with the coin on online stores such as Amazon, Google Express, eBay, and many others.
XRP now enables users to buy products and services from over 200,000 online shops and merchants. A variety of gift cards that range from $25 to $500 in value can also be purchased on various sites. These gift cards can be bought from established e-commerce brands such as Amazon, Starbucks, Visa, Nike, and Walmart. The retailers of eGift cards are also available for purchase form J.Crew, Forever 21, American Eagle Outfitters, among others.
To make such purchases, the buyer has to introduce the product’s name, URL of the site, listed price as well as the costs which are incurred by shipping. Then he or she will have to choose which payment method he/she will be using to pay the products with (fiat or cryptocurrency), as well as the checkout details.
Other merchants which accept payments through XRP include CoinHost, Torguard, The Bitcoin Store, PexPeppers, Bitfax, Upvotes Club, as well as several tobacco and e-cigs shops which make use of CoinPayments in order to accept XRP.
Coinpayments.net is a payment processor which allows merchants and online stores to accept over 60 cryptocurrencies aside from XRP for their products. Below is a list with other stores that accept XRP:
- CryptoMercado – Organic Coffee, Snacks & Beverages
- DrApis Honey – Raw Honey
- Seasonal Diabetes – Halloween Candy Mixes
- Mojave Café
- Crypto Coffee
- Cryptos Dice
- GameServers Today
- Health & Beauty
- ThaiBam – Thai Coffee, Tea, Olis and Balms
- HempUSA – Hemp produces
Hosting & VPNs
CoinHost – Domains, Hosting, Cloud VPS
- Earth VPN – Anonymous, hosted in Japan
- TorGuard VPN – Anonymous VPN & Anonymous Email
- SNEL – Dedicated and VPS hosting services with a focus on great customer experience.
- ICPH – InstantCPanelHosting
- Boleh VPN
- VPS City Hosting
- The Bitcoin Store – store.bitcoin.com – Buy Bitcoin hardware wallets and stuff
- Crypto Jeweler – Gold, Silver, Diamond Jewelry
- Hostspicy Web Solutions Services
- All-mints.com Marketplace – Electronics, Computers, Motherboards, Video Cards, Perfume & more
- BitFax – Best Online Fax Service
- Selly – E-commerce marketplace for selling and automating digital products
- BookCoin – Amazon and other Gift Cards, Kindle Digital Ebook Orders
- Ecoin2GiftCards – XRP Coinpayment shop for eGiftcard
SEO / Marketing
- Upvotes Club – Reddit upvotes
- Social Trades
- The Marketing Heaven
- Venus Vaporizer
- Vapour Depot
- Clove Cigarettes US
- Azarius – Alternative Smoking Herbs
- RChemLabs – Etizolam Pellets
- SpendACoin – Buy and Sell almost anything with Ripple!
- WaveJewellery.com – Fine, designer jewelry, fashion jewelry, and watches
- XRP Merchandise – XRP merchandise
- Triton Aquariums
- CryptoPet – Pet Apparel and Accessories Shop
- Frank and Beans Underwear
Is it safe to pay with Ripple?
One of the biggest financial institutions and hedge funds have entered in partnerships with Ripple, and have started testing or using Ripple technology to improve their remittance and transfer services.
By providing fast transaction times without high fees, Ripple offers its coin as a solution which is being backed by a long list of financial institutions and banks. If one of the most established names and businesses in the financial sector have enough faith to use Ripple and its products, then we can assume that XRP is a safe payment option.
With this, we conclude our article on which online stores and merchants allow you to use XRP to purchase products and services.