Mellow Ads is a well-known Bitcoin advertising network. This US-based ad company brings together publishers which have cryptocurrency related websites with interested advertisers. The site’s Alexa ranking from October is 855. Since its establishment in 2015, this network has grown steadily, amassing positive and negative criticism alike.
The interface is user-friendly and simple, making it an ideal tool for those that are newcomers to the web advertising game or are just looking for a neat alternative to other bitcoin ad networks.
Geo targeting is available to let you see how your advertisements are doing in the most relevant countries. High rate coverage is ensured by the wide format of the ads. Main traffic comes from the following countries: United States, Russia, Brazil and India. Mellow Ads does not interfere with the proper functioning of other ad networks.
The advertiser receives a fixed number of unique views and targets the sites from Mellow Ads network for a specific number of unique views/pops. The price starts from 0.0001 BTC. Higher CPM rates correlate to more visibility. It supports banner ads, text ads and pop under ads.
Publishers allow advertisers to buy a set number of unique views from their ad spaces.
It targets sites from the Mellow Ads network for a fixed number of unique clicks. The ad is shown in the ad space until the number of clicks has been met. The CPC rate is 0.001 BTC.
Publishers allow advertisers to buy a set number of clicks from their ad spaces.
You advertise across the Mellow Ads network, which has over 259 million impressions per day.
You receive earnings based on how many unique impressions you provide. The network fee is 10%, meaning more money goes to the publisher.
Banner and pop-under advertisement
The adverts and campaigns are apparently managed with no contract or ongoing fees. There is a considerable list of sizes for the text ads and banners you can use. Performance statistics will be available for you to view the total of views/clicks on the website/ad-space.
A banner is run for a set number of days, and the advertiser/publisher decides how much he spends per day. It is based on the CPM model, with a minimum of 0.00001 BTC per day.
Fees and payment
The minimum deposit is 0.001 BTC; lesser accounts will not be credited to your account. Deposits will be credited after one confirmation.
Mellow Ads supports Bitcoin, and other Altcoins that will be automatically converted to Bitcoin via “shapeshift.io”.
Fees and payouts
The minimum withdrawal is 0.001 BTC. You will be charged a fee of 0.0005 BTC for withdrawal transactions. You can withdraw anytime, and the sum will be either sent to your bitcoin wallet, transferred to Xapo Wallet or to your Faucet system account.
Terms and conditions
Before you can use its services, Mellow Ads must first review your website and if it meets all the required criteria, it will approve your account. Below is a list of mandatory requirements, exactly as stated on the official website of Mellow Ads.
The website must have a maximum 200.000 Alexa ranking and your ranking history must be acceptable for at least three months prior to your signup on Mellow Ads.
- All website details must be accurate and up to date.
- The website URL must not be a referral link to a website that you don’t own.
- Web content must conform with moral and ethical norms of society.
- Website must not contain link to viruses, phishing or other kinds of malicious software.
- Website must not contain content that is legally owned by another person.
- The website must display and function correctly in most frequently used web browsers.
- The website should have a reasonable ratio of content to adverts.
- The website must have its own domain name. It cannot be hosted on sub-domains or hosting domains (e.g. wix, blogspot, WordPress,faucetfly, yola, doodlekit etc. ).
- The website must not try to persuade, instruct or prompt the visitor into clicking on the adverts.
- The website’s traffic should not be generated by any sort of automated traffic generation system or service.
- Adding to the mandatory requirements mentioned above, there should be taken into account a few more things that will improve the changes of approval:
- – having another advertising network (such as Google AdSense).
- – unique brandings/designs in the case of faucets or similar sites.
Mellow Ads uses as a criterion the Alexa traffic metric to approve websites, which is an inaccurate and uncertain ranking system.
The main method of payment is Bitcoin (or through Bitcoin by converting altcoins) which might discourage people who are still wary or untrusting of cryptocurrency.
As long as you have a good Alexa ranking, Mellow Ads is a good ad network for advertising cryptocurrency related content and whose interest is in selling ad space to freelance advertisers.