An introduction to Globcoin
Globcoin is an Ethereum blockchain based platform that will provide customers the means to create currency baskets that will suit their investing needs. Until recently, this method of currency management was not available to the general public, being reserved to a few elite clients due to its high fees and the general nature of the foreign exchange market. Globcoin aims to make this service accessible to all individuals regardless of their geographical and financial position.
Currency baskets will provide an appropriate solution for a wide range of needs. These baskets consist of currencies of the 15 largest economies and gold. This way, the platform will create a safe, stable and liquid digital currency. The basket itself was available for at least 5 years, available to family offices and institutional investors. The Globcoin team also have a 5 years established business with thousands of customers.
The decentralized nature of the platform will permit access to all market participants. For this solution to be available, Globcoin makes use of the next Group Structure:
The platform makes use of Ethereum’s blockchain technology and the following Group Structure:
- Reserve Currency Solutions (RCS SA) established since 2012 in Zug, Switzerland, it has the purpose of making and improving managed currency products such as Global Reserve Currency. RCS owns some pieces of IP related to multi-currency index management.
- OptimInvest – is a currency manager and a regulated member of the OARG (Organisme d’Autorégulation des Gérants de patrimoine). It has the task of offering advisory mandates for large clients.
- GLOBCOIN Ltd., created in 2016 ,- this company markets one of the first multi-currency e-wallets linked to a multi-currency Platinum Mastercard that provides its owner an access to interbank foreign exchange rates and free instant peer-to-peer transactions in most of the world’s available currencies. Based in London , its clients are business and individuals travellers and expatriates out of 32 countries.
Globcoin plans to achieve its objective by implementing RCS’ Dual Token solution, thus having two Ether tokens:
- GCP: A Utility Token that has the task of issuing and accessing different currency baskets, including but not being limited to the World reserve of Currency.
- GLX: this token acts as a store of value, being connected to 15 of the most important currencies plus gold. It is backed 100% on a 1 to 1 ratio.
In Globcoin’s headquarters in London and Geneva, there are groups of professional and experienced individuals which are dedicated to improving and making this currency service available to all consumers.
Helie d’Hautefort, the company’s co-founder, has an impressive CV. From setting up the first European currency overlay manager, currency hedging management of the Peugeot Group to administering currency options portfolios at various banks.
Bertrand Weisgerber, co-founder and creator of the TLS Contact, a world leader of visa application, having centres in over 62 countries (15 in China), has participated in some large ventures (SESA-Cap Gemini, Axime-ATOS), and started his own investment company which applied new technologies in traditional finance sectors.
Details on the Token Sale
The Token Sale has the role of bringing in additional funding for the enhancement of the actual platform by selling GCP tokens. The funds that will result from this campaign will be used to develop various sectors of the Globcoin environment, such as marketing and PR, product launch, customer acquisition and partnership programs.
The Token Sale starts in January (pre-ICO with70% bonus from 8th to 12th, ICO from 13th to 31 st ).
GLX will not be available for sale at this token sale.
- Token name – GCP;
- GCP created per 1 Ether – 100;
- Minimum Ether to be collected (participants can claim a refund if this floor is not reached)- 5,000;
- Maximum Ether (the token sales ends if this cap is reached)- 150,000;
- Maximum Ether (the pre-sale ends if this cap is reached)- 30,000;
- Maximum number of tokens generated to crowdsale participants- 15 850 000 to 37.8%;
- Maximum number of tokens generated to pre-sale participants- 5 100 000 to 12.2%;
- Maximum number of tokens generated for future business development, and market expansion- 12 570 000 to 30%;
- Maximum number of tokens generated to team, adviser and early backers- 8 380 000 to 20%;
- Maximum number of GCP generated- 41 900 000 to 100%
Globcoin has an ambitious project that will certainly revolutionize the way we manage our currencies. Globcoin will be at the following events: London Blockchain Week on January 18 -19th; 6th North American Bitcoin Conference on January 18 -19th in Miami; Crypto Finance Conference on January 17-19th in St. Moritz, Switzerland; DC Blockchain Summit on March 6-8th in Washington.
You may be interested
Kraken Exchange ReviewAnca Faget - January 20, 2018
A few things about Kraken Kraken is one of the world’s largest and most popular Bitcoin exchanges, considered to be…
Why Everyone Is Joining Peculium through Its ICOLorena Boanda - January 20, 2018
About three decades ago, the best investment was probably real estates and government bonds. Today, the ultimate option is cryptocurrencies.…